Hi, my name is Tobias. I’m a trained mathematician that now works as a data scientist and machine learning engineer. In 2018 I achieved the status of a kaggle master and still spend quite some time there. While studying, I started working with my first clients as a machine learning consultant. Later I worked as a Data Scientist at a Berlin-based start-up.
Most of my work is building complex machine learning models for text understanding and predictive reasoning using deep learning. Now I’m working as a freelance machine learning consultant and you can also work with me or have me giving a talk at your event. In my free time I like to spend my time in the woods with my dog or reading a good sci-fi book in the hammock.
On this blog, I write about things in machine learning, statistics and data science that are interesting to me. Hopefully you might find some of this useful.
I’m interested in:
- machine learning/deep learning
- natural language processing
- data architecture
- interpretable machine learning
- topological data analysis
- the future of work
- data privacy
- open source
- ethics and fairness in machine learning
View previous newsletters.
You can also subscribe to this blog with a rss reader.
Download the feed here: » RSS-Feed «
the name of this blog
In machine learning and data science, as well as in mathematics and life in general, a lot depends on the definition. As a data scientist, you must be able to question things and ask about the definition. So I find myself often answering a question with “depends on the definition”. I think questioning things is the most important skill you need as a data scientist and through this blog I will question things or clarify definitions. So join me in this and question or correct me!
All content on this page is licensed under the MIT license unless stated otherwise.
Check the LICENSE file for details.
this blog is powered by
- hugo: The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- plausible.io: Simple and privacy-friendly alternative to Google Analytics.
- kiss: Stupidly simple Hugo blogging theme.
- feather icons: Simply beautiful open source icons.
- katex: The fastest math typesetting library for the web.